Energy Finance Conference
On the 11th of January, the Financial Study association Rotterdam organises the Energy Finance Conference! The goal of this event is to discuss topics and issues in the energy sector. This year’s main focus lies on sustainability and the future of the energy sector.
The Energy sector is changing. Companies face exhaustible natural resources and new legislation to ensure a sustainable future. with the Paris agreements, governments try to move the energy sector in a certain direction, but what do the sector insiders think about the current changes? How do companies react and what are their long-term visions? We will discuss this and more with speakers from several high-profile companies in the energy sector.
- Marcel Kramer: After working across the globe for Statoil for twelve years Kramer became CEO of Gasunie from 2003. He held this position until 2010. With Kramer in charge, Gasunie developed into one of the largest gas transporters. Nowadays Kramer is the president of the Energy Delta institute and member of the board of Sempra Energy Dutch holdings.
- Patrick Lammers: Lammers is the CEO of Essent. After working at Shell, Univar NV, Dyson and Powerhouse Lammers started working at Essent in 2010. As CCO he led the commercial activities of Essent and its brands such as energiedirect.nl, Powerhouse and Essent.be in the Benelux. Thanks to his leadership, these brands conquered a strong position in their markets and Essent was transformed into a flexible retail organization. Lammers has been CEO of Essent since January 2017.
- Federico di Credico: After working as business consultant and derivatives broker Credico joined ACT Commodities in 2012. Currently, as Managing Director he is responsible for ACT Financial Solutions which provides advice and liquidity in energy and environmental markets. While Credico was employed at ACT commodities the company evolved in line with the diversity of environmental products available. To aid the growth of the company Credico is now also coordinating new (financial) business activities within ACT.
Host of the Day: Carel Grol
Carel Grol is a reporter specialised in energy in service of ‘Het Financieele Dagblad’ since 2008. The FD a daily Dutch newspaper that focuses on the economy and business. The FD is is one of the oldest newspapers in the Netherlands, with roots dating back to 1796.
- Event period: January
- Number of participants: 80 tickets available (free to purchase after login)
- Time & Location: 13:00-15:30 G-building
- Target group: Third year bachelor and master students with an interest in finance and/or energy
- Application deadline: Tickets available until January 10th
- Enrollment: Conference open for everyone with a ticket