The Financial Study Association Rotterdam (FSR), located at Burgemeester Oudlaan 50 in Rotterdam and registered with the Chamber of Commerce under number 40346422, is responsible for the processing of personal data as outlined in this privacy statement.
1. Contact Information
Burgemeester Oudlaan 50
3062 PA Rotterdam
+31 (0) 10 408 1830
2. Personal Data We Process
The FSR processes the following personal data:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Address details
- Email address
- Phone number
- Student number
- Study direction
- (Start) Study year
- Control of the Dutch language
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Transcript of grades
- Internship experience
3. Purposes for Processing Personal Data
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- Name: To express distinction among members.
- Gender: To determine appropriate salutations when sending emails and mail.
- Age: To assess access to age-restricted FSR activities and determine eligibility to consume alcohol during FSR activities.
- Address: For correspondence, such as invitations.
- Email address: For correspondence, including sending newsletters, mailings, activity updates, and confirmation of activity registrations.
- Phone number: To make phone contact, such as for job applications, emergency situations during events like trips, and in cases where you fail to attend an activity without providing a reason.
- Student number: To verify your status as a student.
- IBAN: To collect the annual membership fee.
- Study direction: To provide targeted activity offerings.
- Study year: To distinguish between different years of membership and provide targeted activity offerings.
- Control of Dutch language: To determine participation in "Dutch speaking only" events.
- University: To provide specific updates regarding events that may interest you.
- Curriculum Vitae: The FSR evaluates your CV in the context of applications for committees or the FSR board. Additionally, uploading your CV may be mandatory for certain activities, depending on the nature of the activity (recruitment). In such cases, your CV will be forwarded to offices and partners.
- Motivation letter: The FSR evaluates your motivation letter in the context of applications for committees or the FSR board. Additionally, uploading your motivation letter may be mandatory for certain activities, depending on the nature of the activity (recruitment). In such cases, your motivation letter will be forwarded to offices and partners.
- Internship experience: Sharing internship experience may be mandatory for certain activities, depending on the nature of the activity (recruitment). In such cases, your internship experience will be forwarded to offices and partners.
The FSR is allowed to use your data to match you with potentially interesting organizations. Furthermore, the FSR may use your information for promotional purposes.
The FSR is allowed to store your data on the website and in one or more files.
The FSR is allowed to use this data to compare it with other members' data in order to ensure that all data is up-to-date.
Any information that you receive through the FSR, a sponsor of the FSR, or any other third party related to the FSR may only be used for personal purposes. Other uses require written consent from the FSR.
4. How Long We Retain Personal Data
The FSR does not retain your personal data for longer than necessary to achieve the purposes for which it was collected.
5. Sharing personal data with third parties
The FSR shares your personal data with various third parties (i.e., offices and partners) when necessary for the performance of the agreement. With companies that process your data on our behalf, we enter into a data processing agreement to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality for your data. The FSR remains responsible for these processing activities.
6. Accessing, correcting, or deleting data
You have the right to access, correct, or delete personal data. Additionally, you have the right to withdraw your consent for data processing or object to the processing of your personal data by the FSR, and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can request us to send the personal data we hold about you in a computer file to you or another organization you have specified.
You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, data portability of your personal data, or a request to withdraw your consent or object to the processing of your personal data to email@example.com.
To ensure that the request for access is made by you, we ask you to include a copy of your identification document with the request. In this copy, please black out your photograph, passport number, and Citizen Service Number (BSN) to protect your privacy. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but no later than four weeks.
During FSR activities, photos are taken that may include members. The photos taken during the activities may be uploaded to the FSR website (www.fsr.nl). Additionally, photos may be used on the FSR's social media. The social media platforms include Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn, and these channels are public. You can request the removal of a photo from the FSR website, Facebook page, Instagram, and/or LinkedIn by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. How we secure personal data
The FSR takes the protection of your data seriously and implements appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure, and unauthorized alteration. If you believe that your data is not properly secured or if there are indications of misuse, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. Information, modification, and objection
You can contact FSR via firstname.lastname@example.org for:
- Questions regarding this privacy statement
- More information about how we process personal data;
- Access to the personal data we process about you;
- Request for modification, supplementation, or deletion of the personal data we process about you;
- Objection to the use of your personal data by us. Furthermore, every member has the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens) regarding the processing of personal data by the FSR.