Over thirty years ago, Optiver started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Options Exchange. Today, we are a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management. We provide liquidity to financial markets using our own capital, at our own risk, trading a wide range of products: from listed derivatives, cash equities, ETFs and bonds to foreign exchange. Our independence allows us to objectively improve the markets and provide efficiencies for market participants.
With 1000 Optiverians globally in Amsterdam, Chicago, Shanghai and Sydney our diverse team is united by our mission to improve the market. Thriving in a high performance environment, we pioneer our own trading strategies and systems using clean code and sophisticated technology. The technical challenges that this fast environment presents is what really motivates and challenges people at Optiver. To help us achieve what we want to attract, develop and empower top talent with a down to earth mentality, in order to sustain our future.
What really sets Optiver apart from other companies is its openness, honesty and our colleagues. People have very strong opinions, but they are also open to listen and to change their mind if the facts presented by others have more value. The team shares the same goal, meaning that we are all pulling in the same direction and you as an individual care about how the person next to you is doing their job.
We recruit for the following roles year round:
- (Algorithmic) Trader
- Quantitative Researcher
- Data Analyst
- Local/Global Risk Analyst
- Trader Assistant (parttime job for students)
- We have 41 different nationalities in Amsterdam!
- The average age at Optiver is 34 (about 27 on the trading floor).
- There are 400 people at Optiver Amsterdam.
- In 2017 we received close to 9.000 applications.
- People at Optiver are 14% female and 86 % male.
- We eat 18 kg bananas per day!
- We have 4 offices in Amsterdam, Sydney, Chicago and Shanghai.