Intern Benelux Team
- IK Investment Partners
- Private Equity
IK Investment Partners – Benelux Team Internship Position
IK Investment Partners
IK Investment Partners (“IK”) is an independent European private equity firm with Nordic roots. Since its inception in 1989, IK has focused on investing in mid-market companies, both through buyout transactions and growth investments. The majority of investments has been made in the industrial goods/engineering, consumer, healthcare and business services sectors, although IK generally adopts a sector agnostic approach in its investment process.
IK's prime target markets include the Nordics, Benelux, France and DACH region. Headquartered in London, IK has additional offices in France, Germany, the Netherlands and Sweden for its dedicated regional investment teams, consisting of over 50 investment professionals.
IK currently invests out of two funds: the €1.9 billion IK VIII Fund targeting mid-market investments with equity tickets ranging between €50-200 million, and the €0.6 billion IK SC II Fund, focusing on smaller companies with equity tickets ranging between €10-40 million.
Country Focused Investment Teams
An important element of IK's strategy is to invest in companies that are well-positioned in their incumbent markets and to transform them into European or global market leaders through geographic expansion as well as strategic and operational improvement. IK believes that the successful execution of this strategy requires both an intimate knowledge of local markets as well as a strong international reach. Therefore, IK takes a multi-regional approach by organising the investment team into five regional teams focused on investments in the Benelux, Denmark/ Norway, Sweden/ Finland, France and DACH.
IK has been one of the most active PE funds in the Benelux market in recent years, with the current portfolio consisting of in total seven companies, including Salad Signature (known for amongst others its Johma and Heks’nkaas brands) and Ampelmann. Having historically covered the Benelux market out of its London headquarters, IK opened a regional office in Amsterdam in 2017 for both the mid cap and small cap team, currently consisting of nine investment professionals in total. Together, the Amsterdam-based teams focus on investments with enterprise values of up to €500 million, partnering with entrepreneurs who are looking for support to help them achieve the next stage of their company’s growth and development.
Intern Benelux Team
As an intern, you will work closely with the investment professionals of IK’s Benelux team, and will assist with the appraisal of potential investment opportunities (both quantitative and qualitative) as well as the execution of transactions in the Benelux region. In addition, you will also be involved with the current portfolio companies, assisting in supporting management teams with developing and executing on various strategic initiatives. The work of an intern is highly diverse and candidates will gain investing and operational experience across a wide range of sectors. Your responsibilities include a.o.:
- Performing in-depth market and industry research
- Identifying and analysing suitable investment opportunities
- Detailed analysis of financial and corporate information
- Building operating models and performing valuation exercises
- Participating in the execution of M&A transactions and the execution of financings
- Supporting management teams of portfolio companies
Qualifications/ requirements/ skills for the internship position include:
- Excellent academic track record
- Prior first work experience through relevant internships in private equity/ venture capital, investment banking/ M&A advisory, strategy consulting or comparable high profile internships
- Excellent Dutch and English language skills and strong communication skills
- Genuine interest in the private equity sector
- Excellent analytical skills
- High professional standards
- Entrepreneurial mind-set and independent thinker
- Diligent and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-player
- High energy, enthusiastic and driven
We do not have fixed internship dates, with positions available throughout 2019. An internship will typically last between three to six months, varying in length depending on business needs and the candidate’s availability. The hired candidate will receive a competitive salary and will be based in IK’s Amsterdam office.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and grade transcripts to email@example.com.