Analyst - Monitoring Trustee
- Duff & Phelps
- Corporate Finance, Consultancy
Analyst - Monitoring Trustee
Job Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
At Duff & Phelps, we stand for the qualities that power sound decisions. And we believe that behind every good decision, you'll find solid thinking, proven experience and valuable insight. But all the numbers and facts in the world mean nothing without a top team of professionals to make sense of them all.
That's where YOU come in - provided you're incisive, entrepreneurial and up for a challenge. We offer an environment where your talent and perspective matter - where you can make a real impact.
The Duff and Phelps monitoring trustee practice in Amsterdam serves clients in the context of (large) merger and acquisitions and related concerns of competition authorities arising from the transactions. These authorities, such as the European Commission, accept commitments offered by the firms, such as a divestiture of certain business units or products (“the Divestment Business”), to resolve competition. Duff & Phelps has significant experience serving as a monitoring trustee in these processes. The tasks of a trustee include the analysis of the financial performance of the Divestment Business as well the monitoring of the several steps of the divestiture process. In addition, the suitability of the purchaser (candidates) as well as their business plans for the Divestment Business need to be analyzed.
Join our team and together we'll power the sound decisions that enhance value - yours and ours.
- Work on a variety of monitoring trustee projects in all stages, from initial client pitches to final satisfaction of the commitments
- Analysis of the monthly financial performance of the Divestment Business
- Monitoring of all relevant steps in the M&A process
- Review of suitability of purchaser candidates as well as business plans for the Divestment Business
- Presentation of results in a clear and concise report to project teams
- Assisting in the development of presentations and publications communicated to clients (in English)
- Studied business administration / economics, potentially in addition to law;
- Recently passed, or will pass soon your diploma / bachelor / master with excellence
- Ideally, you have already gathered practical experience (apprenticeship or internship)
- Strong mathematical, analytical, research, comprehension and quantitative skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organization skills and ability to multi-task, be flexible and demonstrate patience in a fluid environment
- Demonstrated commitment to obtaining outstanding results
- Ability to master new tasks and industries quickly
- You are characterized by superior analytical and problem solving skills as well as capacity for teamwork and personal commitment
- Strong English (written and spoken) and you are very familiar with MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We like to receive your CV, Motivation Letter and latest Grade List.
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, veteran status or disability.
Duff & Phelps – Powering Sound Decisions