Finance Management Trainee
- Corporate Finance, Multinational
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work.
Position Purpose & Summary:
Financial Management Trainee (Accounting and Finance)
Joining the One Accounting and Finance(One A&F) organisation, this position will be involved with general accounting and finance responsibilities including assistance with preparation of Profit and Loss close and have responsibility involved with the accounting and finance processes and procedures to support the country businesses.
The trainee will be involved in special projects (sometimes in another country and/or across EMEA) which could include new corporate initiatives and will perform various other tasks as assigned by their manager. As SAP is the finance system of choice for Cargill, the expectation is that this position will be involved in SAP processes to meet the Finance procedures.
The position will work closely with the commercial and trading teams as well as the people at the production locations which will give insight and knowledge on the specifics of the business. This will enable development not only as a finance person but also to become a good business partner. A specific training program covering additional hands-on experience that will provide the foundation to enable the employee to aspire and achieve a potential management position in the organization while mentored by a Senior Cargill Manager.
During the Finance European Graduate Program, you will acquire a large amount of knowledge on country (local/worldwide) finance and accounting activities that support our businesses. You could be involved in finance activity in another country where Cargill operates and therefore travel will be expected to the other country and an amount of time spent there.
You will undergo a specific in depth training program covering additional hands-on experience that will provide the foundation for a potential management position. This training will bring you together with fellow finance graduates as well as graduates for other areas of the Cargill EMEA organisation.
In the European Graduate Program, you could expect some or all of the following experiences within the first two years with Cargill:
- Initial assignment to a job
- On-going formal soft skill development and technical training
- Mentoring provided by a Cargill manager
- Networking with International colleagues
- Involvement with the One A and F transformation across EMEA.
- Recent finance related university degree, for example Accounting and Control.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Willingness to travel and the opportunity to spend a number of weeks away in another country in EMEA
- Must be proficient in native language, English and a 3rd European language.
- Demonstrated natural leadership ability
- Self-starter; highly motivated and able to work independently
- Teamwork; ability to work in a multi-cultural and cross functional team
- Global Mindset
- Fast learning and self-development: curiosity to learn
- High energy levels. Action oriented. Willingness to take responsibility and initiative. Able to proactively identify and resolve problems
- Strong analytical skills and accuracy in work
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to manage ambiguity
- Proven experience in prioritizing work and meeting deadlines.
- Strong customer service focus
- Flexibility; able to cope with fast changes within a growing company
- Creativity and innovative approach in building and/or improving systems and processes
- Able to work in multiple EMEA countries.
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
Interested? Then make sure to send us your CV and cover letter in English today.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cargill